Bad Coil ?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bad Coil ?
From: David_Moore@kaoinfo.com (David Moore)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 16:45:00 -0400
     Last night while crossing the Dumbarton bridge my BGT stated to run
     poorly and when I looked down at the gauges the tach was fluctuating
     wildly.  The car quit running just after clearing the bridge.  I did
     the customary laying of hand, check connections of sparkplug and coil
     wires, look under distributor cap.  The car then started and ran fine.
      The tach read correctly as well.

     Because the tach picks up off the coil, I wonder about the coil.  It
     is one of those Lucus sport coils less than 18 monthes old.

     Any thoughts?

     DCM