Re: Oil Leakage/Consumption

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Leakage/Consumption
From: ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 17:59:39 -0400
>The other day I ask a question and, maybe, because of the way I presented it,
>the question received no replies.  I was trying to get a feel for how much oil
>MG users need to put in their cars. Mileage/amount, leaking/burning?  I
>haven't had a car burn or leak oil in many years and I'm just tring to get a
>feel if my MG is in the "average" range.  Thanks.

Dan,

Before I took it off the road to do the right side sills ( last July),
my 80 'B was using no more than a quart or two between changes
(3000 miles).  I used the car as my daily driver for the non-snow months,
for about 4 years and put about 30 k miles on it during that time.

Peter Schauss
ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov
pschauss@aol.com
1963 Austin-Healey 3000 Mk II