Re: Centering clutch disc

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Centering clutch disc
From: dbavery@voyager.net (D.Bavery)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 14:23:08 -0400 (EDT)
Jim,

When I put mine in I used a dowel - same as broom stick.  I had one that was
just small enough to slide through the clutch and was tapered on the end.  I
did as you mentioned - wiggled until it felt centered, then took the dowel
out and eye balled it.  When I put the tranny in just a little wiggling and
in it went. I personally wouldn't spend the money for the centering shaft as
this worked for me.

>Hi everyone,
>
>Thanks for the advice re: changing the oil on my new (used) motor.  I've
>decided to change the oil & filter now, then run it for a few hundred miles
>(depending on condition of oil) then replace again.
>
>My next question:
>
>Moss sells a clutch centering tool, which I gather is just a plastic repro
>of the end of the tranny input shaft.  Is there some other way to do it?
>How 'bout a broomstick end?  When I did VW's, we would just eyeball the disk
>& make sure it was centered.  Will that work?
>
>Thanks for all the net-wisdom out there.......
>

>Jim
>79B

Denny, Deb, Darcy, Denise and Breanna Bavery
Mason, Michigan