Centering clutch disc

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Centering clutch disc
From: Jim & Marilynne Mellander <jmel@netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 10:29:27 -0700
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the advice re: changing the oil on my new (used) motor.  I've
decided to change the oil & filter now, then run it for a few hundred miles
(depending on condition of oil) then replace again.

My next question:

Moss sells a clutch centering tool, which I gather is just a plastic repro
of the end of the tranny input shaft.  Is there some other way to do it?
How 'bout a broomstick end?  When I did VW's, we would just eyeball the disk
& make sure it was centered.  Will that work?

Thanks for all the net-wisdom out there.......

Jim
79B