Re: 65/66 B's

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>,
Subject: Re: 65/66 B's
From: Douglas Gaither <gaither@cybergate.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 96 16:28:32 -0000
>So, what I'm thinking is, you guys with cars titled in years after
>their manufacture sell them to me for $1.  Then I sell them back to you
>for oh, say, $500, and send you a bill of sale that shows the correct
>manufacture year.  You take this to your DMV, etc etc.
>
>Seems to me there is no fraud here, since I would not cheat on the year.
>You could not cheat, because surely your states would verify the serial
>number.  You get a title for the correct year, save endless grief, and I
>am one step closer to an XK-120.  Any lawyers on the list want to comment?

>From what I understand, California keeps the VIN numbers in their system
for about 7 years.  It takes that long for the title to 'drop out of the
system.'  Then your scheme would work.  Otherwise, as soon as they pop
the VIN into their little computer banks, they already have it listed as
the original (albeit incorrect) year of manufacture.

Doug

  "...Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up your floppies?"
           try my homepage <http://users.aol.com/dbgaither/>