Re: Water injection system and Marvel

To: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>,
Subject: Re: Water injection system and Marvel
From: car@texas.net (Carol )
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 10:22:02 -0500 (CDT)
At 09:20 AM 9/16/96 +0000, Robert J Donahue/DELCO wrote:
><
><Now these units are designed as top cylinder lubrication systems, to
><inject oil such as Marvel Mystery into the intake to lube the valves and
><seats and such.  He proposes that oil injection will do a better job than
><some of the lead additives for saving your valves.
><
><
><Clark
>
>Why not just mix the Marvel Mystery oil with the gas? Does injection do
>something special? Also the valves on my TD were very noisy and prone
>to sticking untill I started using Marvel. Has Marvel helped anybody
>else out there? BTW, wasn't there something similar called Bartol back
>in the '50s?
>
>Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
>53 MG-TD, Under DIY restoration
>71 MGB, still in the shop 11 months and counting

Note: I a had a problem with a lifter that would "go dry" depending on the
postion in which the engine stopped.  When I would then start the vehicle,
there was a tremendous hard "knocking" sound that would last for about 10
minutes until enough oil got to that cylinder.

A professional race car driver listened to my tale of woe, and suggested I
use a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil in the crankcase in lieu of a quart of
motor oil when I changed the oil.

The problem disappeared, except for once in a VERY great while. I have been
using it faithfully for about 16 years in that vehicle.

BTW, it's a Dodge 318! They all seemed to have a similar problem.

Carol
"As you approach life's curves, never brake and always leave skid marks!"

http://www.texas.net/~car