Re: Water injection system and Marvel

To: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water injection system and Marvel
From: Bill Harkins <wharkns@inetworld.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 17:19:15 -0700
At 09:20 AM 9/16/96 +0000, you wrote:

>Why not just mix the Marvel Mystery oil with the gas? Does injection do
>something special? Also the valves on my TD were very noisy and prone
>to sticking untill I started using Marvel. Has Marvel helped anybody
>else out there? BTW, wasn't there something similar called Bartol back
>in the '50s?

Well sure, you can do that, but why not use a neat device that lasts 1500
miles or so before filling the jar? I got my unit today. These devices were
originally mgf'd in the 40's by a firm called AMPCO. The VACO guy bought all
the old stock about 15 years ago (two vans full) and still has about 30,000
units left. This should supply all the MGs still in North America. My query
to the list recieved several positive reponses to the injector and to
Marvel. He offers a club rate at $25ea in lots of 8.

Bill Harkins