Tie rod Ends / 64 B / 2nd try

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tie rod Ends / 64 B / 2nd try
From: BDurgin1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 09:34:16 -0400
Hi all,

Sent a message a couple of days ago...not sure if the mail is getting out to
everyone.
on my 64B I've found that one of my tie rods is 1/2" shorter than the other
one. Hmmmmm... The rack looks in good shape, though. Was the B rack also used
on other cars of the era?

The tie rod end on both sides are  being replaced over the weekend. On one
side it threads on about 7/8" and then the locking nut cinches up to it. On
the other side ,it threads about 1.5". I believe this is OK as there is no
minimum depth called for in the manual or marked on the tie rod end. I assume
all the threads are for adjustment of toe-in? Anyway, does 7/8" sound OK? It
doesn't look like the tie rod end can go anywhere once it is cinched up and
connected to the wheel. And 7/8" is a lot of  steel...
Bruce Durgin