72 Midget Speedo Woes (again)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 72 Midget Speedo Woes (again)
From: Chuck and Nancy Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 14:35:28 -0700
Hi all ... yet again!

I just replaced the BROKEN speedometer pinion housing on
my 72 Midget.  The speedo needle was swinging wildly.  When
I fould the pinion housing broken where the cable threads on,
I was sure I had my culprit. So I got a replacement hosuing.

Although the new housing does fix the broken hosing problem,
it does NOT fix the wild speedo needle problem.  Any ideas?  Under
acceleration, the speedo needle actually drops.  When I let up on the
gas, the needle jumps back up. Sounds like windup, but the cable looks
good.  Hmmm!  HELPPP!

chuck ciaffone