2017 miles in a BGT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 2017 miles in a BGT
From: "W. Lee Vick, Jr." <wlvick@pobox.micro.ti.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 14:30:39 -0500
mg.gurus,

        The following note got me thinking:

-----
From: Dan Hughes <Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com>
Subject:  RE: 1600 miles in a BGT -Reply

Please let us know how it goes!! This has been quite a saga!

(snip)

>        Well, I'm gonna go ahead and buy that 1970 MG BGT in CA and drive
> it back to Texas.
-----

        I've received more than a few notes from very kind folks offering
help and support and also requesting that I document my saga if/when I make
it back to Texas from California (AAA says it's 2017 miles from Sacramento
to Sugar Land, just outside of Houston). That's not a problem and I'll
gladly post my exploits for anyone interested. But someone else posted
recently about writing articles for some MG magazine I'll soon be getting
once I join all the relevant clubs. This led me to believe that mayhaps
someone beyond this list would be interested in the story. So, does anyone
know who aspiring saga writers (a.k.a. me) could talk to about submitting
material to either MG, LBC, club, and/or "real" magazines for retribution
(to recoup the cost of said saga) or just for fun? Just wonderin'...

                                         Cheers,

                                         Lee.

* Lee Vick           * "Something must be wrong, with me and my brain" *
* leevick@ti.com     *    Ian Anderson, Jethro Tull, One White Duck    *
* 70 MG BGT (soon)   *                                                 *
* Standard disclaimer: TI as an organization is much too smart to      *
*                      to agree with anything I have to say.           *