Re: MGB tire size

To: dfdarby@juno.com
Subject: Re: MGB tire size
From: TJ Noto <tjn@rahul.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 15:46:16 -0700
dfdarby@juno.com wrote:
> Ready to replace rubber on my daily-driven '67 MGB-GT.
>
> My PO was running 175 on front and 185-70 on rear, all on original rims.
>
> I wonder what size recommendations others might have. Car is not raced or
> driven in snow. Well, not heavy snow anyway.

Early B's like yours came with Dunlop Gold Seals in a tires size not
available anymore.  They were 5.60X14 the closest modern equivalent
of which is 165/70/14.  I have Michelins in this size on my B and
they've
been good for the last 30,000 miles.  They're not the stickiest tire
in the world of course.....

You may find bias-ply tires from Coker in 5.60 14's if you like....but
I can't see the point in doing that if you're going to drive the car.

My .02 worth....

TJ
65 B
70 TR6