Re: B headlamps in France

To: sekim@juno.com (Mike P)
Subject: Re: B headlamps in France
From: Andrew Murdock <Andrew.Murdock@cdc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 09:33:37 +0100
At 06:11 PM 9/21/96 EDT, you wrote:

>If I remember correctly, somewhere on the net I've read that;
>In France, they have special headlight beam spread patterns. They are not
>only brighter, but the beams spread out in some unique pattern - the
>design of which is to reduce road kills ?  Seems like they were killing
>alot of hedge hogs or something, and the dead & alive critters were
>causing accidents.

Can't really comment on this one too much, but I was in Paris last week
(working unfortunately), and yellow headlamps very much seem to be the
exception rather than norm these days. However when I took my old B across
to France I do remember having to buy some special yellow stickers to go
over specific parts of the headlamp, but this probably had as much to do
with my car being RHD, and of course the French driving on the _wrong_ side
of the road....

Andrew

ps. (Flame proof trousers donned for that last comment :-)))
pps. all flames cheerfully ignored :-)

andrew.murdock@cdl.cdc.com
Control Data Limited
Tel : 01932 566123
Fax : 01932 571469

"If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more
stupid, triathlons must have taken Him completely by surprise."
        P.Z.  Pearce, M.D.

__^o_
         __o
       _ \<_