B headlamps in France

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: B headlamps in France
From: "Robert L. Abernathy" <rabernat@amnesiac.NMSU.Edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 21:04:28 -0700
OK, this will take some explaining.

I don't own and have little experience with MGs but a friend
of mine has two Bs. He is currently restoring one, a 1965, to
concours condition. At a local show, he mentioned that he was
looking for a set of Lucas headlights and it turned out that
my Hillman had a set (probably original) and I had never noticed.
He is ready to buy them but then we got to talking.

Now it gets complicated.

The car was originally built in England (of course) but sold new
in France. He said the headlights on it now are labelled
"Made in France" and they are as bright as halogens.

Anybody know what a French MGB would have as standard equipment?

Would a concours judge know it?

What leeway is one allowed in headlamps for concours judging?

Robert
1967 Hillman Super Imp
1961 Sunbeam Alpine rust bucket