MGB gas tank repair

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB gas tank repair
From: SFJohnso@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:47:26 -0400
I had an MGB gas tank chemically stripped to remove rust and paint.   I
noticed when I got it back that there are a couple of pin holes in the top of
the tank where moisture got under the rubber strips between the tank and
body.

I'd like to avoid welding on these areas, since they are so small, and
getting a copper plate behind them during welding will be difficult.  Is
there an alternative, or should I dig out the MIG welder?

All things considered, I should have just bought a new tank.

thanks,

Sean Johnson
'79 MGB