Re: 1600 miles in a BGT

To: wlvick@pobox.micro.ti.com
Subject: Re: 1600 miles in a BGT
From: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 16:32:33 PT
CA to TX: The most direct route people take from here to there is down
hwy99 (saves an hour over I-5), hang an east through Pomona (or go east
through Bakersfield and Mojave), then diagonal southeast through Arizona
and into Texas.

Since you'll be in CA, maybe detour over through Goleta and visit Moss
Motors in person.  Would add about 200-300 miles to your trip, but would
take you through Malibu and some of the tourist sights.  Plus you could
pick up any needed spares at Moss and save shipping costs.

Salt Lake City, Utah is not on your way unless you get really lost, or
unless you just wanted to go there and also visit Colorado.  But remember,
there is a lot of open spaces in Utah and especially Wyoming.

If I were you, I'd head down the CA coast, visit Goleta, then take the most
direct route to Texas.  Most problems you find with the car should (repeat
- should) happen within the first few hundred miles.
Plus Hwy 101 is very windy and should be fun in the new car.

I just got back into town and will respond to your other e-mail in a
different message.

mike (40 miles from the SMF airport, and about 120 from Livermore).