road trip/pirellis

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: road trip/pirellis
From: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 20:26:28 -0700
I just bought a set of Pirellis for my 79"B"...So I thought I'd take
alittle trip today and try them out...My wife and I took off this
morning and 375 miles later we are back grinning from ear to ear!
The B cruised faultlessly and got 31 MPG to boot!I decided to take as
many back roads as possible to see how the P195 60S cornered and what a
difference from my old 175s I was going thru corners at least 10 MPH
faster than with the old tires.We went from our home in Lancaster CA up
to Santa Maria down thru Solvang to santa Barbarbra and back home thru
Ojai and Santa Clarita we only hit actual freeway for about 25 miles of
the whole trip.The best part by far was the windy road from Frazier Park
down thru Pine Mountain club to the hwy over to Sant Maria this is one
of the best roads I have traveled yet,it is smooth with nicely banked
curves and lots of up and down streatches I recommend this this 30 mile
road.from there over to Santa Maria is just a fast hwy with alot of
semis the nxet good part is Foxen Canyon road south out of Santa Maria
This road is rougher and narrower but the high point is the old San
Remos church in Sisquoc this church was built in 1876 and is very good
condiyion they still hold masses there.From ther we went down 154 over
San marcos pass to santa Barbarbra hit a few miles of freeway and back
off over Casitas pass to Ojai over to Santa Paula to Santa Clarita up
Bouquet Canyon and home all together it took about 10 hrs including
breakfast and lunch and some sightseeing...Whew but we got our
perspective back in order You need  a LBC fix once in awhile..BTW I
don't know if the list has ever had favorite roads but I think it would
be neat to hear about your favorite MG road and the attractions on it
Bye for now Pat