Re: road trip/pirellis

To: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Subject: Re: road trip/pirellis
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 11:49:58 -0400
S. L. Hower wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, pbailey wrote:
>
> > You need  a LBC fix once in awhile....
>
> > BTW I don't know if the list has ever had favorite roads but I think
> > it would be neat to hear about your favorite MG road and the attractions
> > on it
>
>   For listers on the right coast- one of my favorite drives is Rt 611
>   between Phillipsburg, NJ and Milford, NJ (where one can stop at a
>   fine English watering hole/brewpub- The Ship Inn).  This stretch
>   of road winds along the Delaware river's undulations and is perfect
>   LBC terrain.
>
>   -Scott
>
>    Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
>    Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
>    7201 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown, PA
>    (610) 481-2646

For those in Michigan - either living or visiting - one of the best
stretches of road on the planet (IMHO) is Highway 119, from Harbor
Springs to Cross Village, on Lake Michigan's shoreline.  The road runs
along the bluff above the lake.  Many sections are like driving through
a tunnel - of trees (hardwoods, birch, and pines)!  Road is smooth
asphalt (thats macadam for those of you in the East!), two lanes - no
shoulders so look out.  Several switchback turns, decreasing radius
turns, and off-camber stuff too!  Many changes in elevation.  Look out
for the white-tail deer!  Relaxing slow drive, demanding brisk drive.
If you get the chance, don't miss it!

Regards,

Chris Delling