RE:New Subscriber-New Owner

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:New Subscriber-New Owner
From: Rootes2@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 22:52:33 -0400
Hello out there in MG land....
        I am a first time BMC owner, having just purchased a 58 Magnette that
is in need of some TLC. I've been involved with Rootes Group cars for years,
 but never   any other British marque before now.
        Trying to find used parts is my first task, and I'm appealing to the
list for help.
HELP!!  I know an older car is bound to be missing a few items, and I'm not
put-off by a car that needs a lot of restoration ....(believe me... you can
see one of my projects on the Alpine web site...the Sunbeam Highwayman
camper) but I'd like to be able to lock my trunk. I need the license plate
light housing/trunk lock assembly. The license light itself is there, but
someone ripped out the lock leaving two broken halves of chrome potmetal. I
also need to track down a steering wheel center..the directional switch seems
intact, but there's no horn button or MG crest. I think I can repair the
cracked steering wheel.
          Minor details like clock, radio, interior light , can wait...there
are TONS of things to do on this car, but it was going to get parted out if
no-one bought it.  I  HATE to see restorable cars stripped....besides, it's
really a good-looking car. Once you get past it's general condition.
           Thanks in advance for any advice.....
                                       Jon Arzt          Rootes2@aol.com

66 Sunbeam Alpine
67 Sunbeam camper
58 Magnette
86 VW Quantum...the wife has to drive SOMETHING (until I find a