Re: No more rebuilt shocks for my Bs

To: BarneyMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: No more rebuilt shocks for my Bs
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 10:03:02 -0400 (EDT)

> In a message dated 96-09-26 10:36:01 EDT, BDurgin1 writes:
>
> << ..... all this talk about rebuilt failures has me thinking. ...Anybody
> used the HD rebuilt shocks and what experiences have they had with those? >>
>
> It is my understanding that the only difference between the standard shocks
> and the HD version is the valving.  So if anyone currently has a good set of
> shocks and wants HD, just change the valves.  I find these listed in the Moss
> MGB Catalog, front valve 264-345 @ $23.95, rear valve 267-975 @ $19.95.  I
> believe these are similar to those used in the factory produced race cars and
> up the shock resistance by about 30%.

  According to the Apple Hydraulics catalog, they also put in a larger
bronze bushing for the main shaft in addition to the uprated valves for
their "heavy duty" shock rebuilds.

----
Jeremy DuBois                              jer@thlogic.com
Manager, Info Systems                      http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76 Spit