Car Clubs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Car Clubs
From: van@stress.mech.utah.edu (Bill Van Moorhem)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 13:31:59 -0700
I am attempting to put together a list of MG and all British marque car
clubs in the western U.S. and Canada for use in organizing the 1997
GoF-West.  For the purpose of this list I am defining the western U.S. to
be made up of the states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas,
Oklahoma, Oregon, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Nevada, North Dakota,
South Dakota, Utah, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming.  For Canada I am
interested in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
The major information that I would like to obtain is the club name and a
postal address.  Since this information will not be of interest to most of
this list it would be best it was sent directly to me
(van@stress.mech.utah.edu).

For those of you who may not be familiar with GoF-West, GoF (Gathering of
the Faithful) began with the New England MGT Register as a meeting of
T-series MG owners and the idea has spread across the country.  The 1997
GoF-West will be the twenty-fifth of the (nearly annual) series in the
Western U.S. and Canada and will be held in Park City, Utah in July.
Traditionally, the GoF-West has been focused toward T-series and pre-war
MGs, but all MGs are welcome.  An average number of cars at an event is
about 200.  The organizers of the '97 GoF-West would like to use an updated
list of clubs to broaden the support for the event.  Currently I have a
list of over fifty clubs in the area, from previous GoFs, WWW pages and
other sources, but many states are unrepresented. If you would like more
information on the 1997 GoF-West contact:
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~gary/gof97.html or keesslc@ix.netcom.com.

If you are aware of an MG club or a club that welcomes all British Marques
cars in the West I would definitely like to receive information about it.
If you would like a copy of the list I would be glad to supply you one, but
would like to limit it to non-commercial purposes.

Bill Van Moorhem
British Motor Club of Utah