Lumpy Idle

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lumpy Idle
From: Rick Huber <102221.1716@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 27 Sep 96 16:47:57 EDT
On 9/23 TJ Noto wrote about lumpy idle.

Sounds exactly like my car, although when really hot in Louisiana, the idle
drops so low that it dies.  I just turned up the idle speed, so that when it
drops and get lumpy, it doesn't die.  I've always thought that I had air leaking
in around the throttle shaft bushes, and it happens when hot because of
expansion of metal, but that's just a wild theory that I've never attempted to
verify.  I'd also be happy to know what the problem is, and it's nice to hear
the exact same symptom.

Rick Huber