Re: Wiring Harness

To: RJohn50603@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wiring Harness
From: TRIFARI@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1996 15:42:21 -0400

<< says all wiring should be fused.

 >>A primer in Lucas wiring:
                    Brown:  hot, unswitched, unfused
                    Purple:  hot, unswitched, fused
                    White:  switched, unfused (eg fuel pump)
                    Green:  switched, fused (eg accessories)
                    Blue:     headlight
                    Yellow: generator/alterantor
                    Red:      running lights/panel lights
                    black:    ground <<

 R. Johnson - Dallas >>

You got me.  You're right--everything should be fused (obviously with the
exception of brown wires).  I have an in-line fuse in the feed wire between
the inertia cut-out switch and the fuel pump on my 1980 MGB and an in-line
fuse in the switched, unfused  white wire leading from the fuse block to the
fuel pump on my 1955 Healey BN1.  -- John Trifari