'52 TD fuel consumption

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: '52 TD fuel consumption
From: Glen Eldridge <glenel@infobahnos.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 1996 20:13:52 -0400
I really need some advice on this one:  my '52 TD's timing is spot on,
the mixture seems o.k., as the plugs are light brownish-gray, yet the
fuel mileage is 23 mpg(US)!  Is this really normal?  I achieved this
figure on the highway to & from The British Invasion at Stowe, Vermont
weekend before last, 160 miles each way.  I use premium gas & cruise at
4000 rpm.  Ambient temp was 72 Fahrenheit and coolant temp stayed at 80
degrees Celsius.   Any advicewill be appreciated.

Glen Eldridge
Kirkland, Quebec

'64 Midget Mk1 (almost out of the shop after 6 months)
'52 TD 38000 original miles AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!