Wiper Motor

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiper Motor
From: DBGaither@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 20:25:14 -0400
Well,

My windshield wiper motor is toast!  I have a 1966 MGB and I was fiddling
with it to determine if the problem was wiring or the motor.  I took it
apart and cleaned up the inside (it had a light layer of
gunk/dust/carbon) when I re-assembled it and tried it again, the motor
started to turn a few times and then nothing.  So, I opened up the Moss
catalog and the VB catalog and there doesn't seem to be any replacement
parts for the motors.

Does anyone know where I can get a new armature and brush gear?  Should I
just take it to a local electric motor shop and have them fix it?  I'm no
electrical whiz, the insides of the motor just looked kinda simple.

Any advice would be welcomed,

Doug Gaither

Freudian Slip:  When you say one thing, but really mean your mother.
           try my homepage <http://users.aol.com/dbgaither/>