Re: RE: BROOKLANDS?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE: BROOKLANDS?
From: "Ken Roach" <ken.roach@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 23:34:07 -0600

----------
> From: Paul/Ian Graham <gramf@digisys.net>
> To: 246084@ibmmail.com; mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: RE:  RE: BROOKLANDS?
> Date: October 1, 1996 20:58 PM
>
> Trevor et al,
> After much frantic digging through my boxes of parts, I found THE BOOK in
> my son's room.  "Improve and Modify MGB" by Lindsay Porter and Dave
Pollard
> (by the way, an excellent book, guys!).  Pages 46-51 contain a series of
> photos on a "Sebring" kit.  Looks hot but definitely not for the purist.
> Page 175 contains a photo of the "Brooklands" kit.  No comment on the
look.
> Paul

        The Brooklands kit for MGB's was manufactured by a Canadian company
which can be reached at:
                Brooklands Car Components
                47 Forest Hill Drive
                Kitchener, Ontario
                N2M 4G2
                (519) 745-2791

        This information is from the April 1991 edition of British Car so it may
be out
of date.  The pictures in this article show the Brooklands to be a rather
strange looking car with styling that resembles Reliant Scimiter(SP?) and a
Mazda RX-7.
        IMHO, kit cars based on 'B's are kind of a waste of time due to the
unibody
construction.  If you have a rusty car and cover it up with a bunch of
fibreglass you
will still have a structurely unsafe car.  If you spend the time and or
money to fix the
sills, chassis rails etc. you might as well finish off with the original
panels as they
will probably cost less than a kit and your car will look great as well as
have a higher
market value.

        Ken Roach