Re: Wiper Motor

To: DBGaither@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wiper Motor
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 02:13:03 -0400
In a message dated 96-10-02 20:31:31 EDT, DBGaither@aol.com wrote:

<< My windshield wiper motor is toast!  ..... Does anyone know where I can
get a new armature and brush gear?  Should I just take it to a local electric
motor shop and have them fix it?  I'm no electrical whiz, the insides of the
motor just looked kinda simple.   >>

Doug,

The insides is kinda simple.  Usually a good cleaning, oil or grease for the
bearings and a new set of brushes will get a motor going like new.  I pick up
electric motor brushes at my local ACE Hardware store.  Take one with you for
a sample or measure the size before you go.  Just last week I put new brushes
in a fuel pump motor for a 1963 Massaratti.  My friend was ecstatic, not
having been able to locate a new fuel pump for more than two years.

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA