Re: Fat?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fat?
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 04 Oct 1996 11:21:36 -0500
In <32553375.6F36@magic1.org>, Jeff and Stash Blackwood wrote:
>I am working on a 59 Magnette that had been sitting for a number of
>years. When I pulled the thermostat housing, I found the neck of the
>housing to be full of a fatty substance that varied in color from
>brownish-white to fluorescent green. Any ideas on what it was and how to
>clean it from my system?

That's some kind of radioator stop-leak dumped in by the previous
owner.  Your system needs a thorough flush and correction of the leak.

>By the way, it doesn't run, so taking it to a
>radiator shop to have them boil it out is out of the question.

Why?  Rad removal is straightforward, and is strongly urged in any
event to clean your system out.  If you carry the radiator in
yourself, the repair fee is usually much less.

                        A. B. Bonds