Re: Tires

To: Robert Zirpolo <airhedrz@mailhost.iconn.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 1996 22:30:48 -0500
Robert Zirpolo wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a specific brand and size of tires (175 x 14's) that
> they have put on their B. Most tire retailers I've contacted don't really
> have any benchmark to work from.    Thanks on advance.
>
> RZirpolo

I've recently installed NTW's house brand "Supreme Sport" in 175R14 on
my '79B with wire wheels.  Checked several other places, NTW was the
only one with these in stock.  If you have non-wires in 5.5 inch width,
you can use wider tires.  Only have about 500 miles on them, so I don't
know how well they will last.  They are steel belted and have a nice,
agressive tread.

YMMV

Wayne Kube
'79B