Need Help ASAP/Overdrive

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need Help ASAP/Overdrive
From: Douglas Gaither <gaither@cybergate.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 96 20:21:18 -0000
I have located an overdrive for my 1966 MGB for a reasonable amount of
money.  The seller has ONLY the overdrive unit.  My 3-Sync tranny is in
the middle of a rebuild right now.  I have a few questions that I need
answered ASAP so I can either consumate this deal or reluctantly, turn it
down.

I have been told that the overdrive needs a special overdrive version of
the transmission.  Is this true?  Am I looking at locating yet ANOTHER
transmission to mate to this overdrive?

What else would I need, besides the OD switch on the dash?  Is there
anything I should visually inspect before purchase (the owner of this OD
had bought it to install in his father's B, so he has no knowledge of the
condition of the OD-only that it appears to be all there).

HELP!!!!  For $200 I think this deal may be a great value.  But I need
your experience!!

Doug "I'd really like an OD" Gaither

Freudian Slip:  When you say one thing, but really mean your mother.
           try my homepage <http://users.aol.com/dbgaither/>