Re: Need Help ASAP/Overdrive

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need Help ASAP/Overdrive
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 09 Oct 1996 08:39:27 -0500
In <325A1009.7471@sky.net>, Robert Allen wrote:

>3) There is some controversy as to whether the driveshaft will fit.
>   In any case it is fractions of an inch different. The pragmatists
>   say it don't matter and the purists swear there is an important
>   difference. If I remember right, the OD driveshaft has a different
>   stock number and is fractionally longer than normal dirveshaft.

Once again.  There are two types of OD units, the D-type (for
3-synchro trannies) and the LH type (for 4-synchro trannies).  If you
are swapping out a 3-synchro tranny, you will need a _longer_
driveshaft to accommodate the OD.  If you are swapping out a 4-synchro
tranny, the length of the regular and OD setups is exactly the same
and the same driveshaft will do nicely.
                        A. B.  Bonds