Welders

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Welders
From: sgp@netexp.net (James F. Porco)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 08:45:41 -0400
I am in the process of restoring a badly neglected 1971 BGT.  I am
(somewhat) determined to bring this little lady back to life.
Structurally she is a mess - rotted floor, sills and rocker panels - hense
the "somewhat" determined feeling.   A tune up on the engine is needed but
she runs.  I am undecided whether to purchase a MIG welder or a gasless
unit.  Since the thickest metal I would weld would be the crossmember to the
floorboards, can I get away without purchasing a $400 gas unit?  Any
recommendations would be appreciated.   And, anyone who knows where I can
purchase one of these units (any sites on the web?) new or used woudl  be
helpful - my price range is $100 to $250 (OK so I'm a bit frugal).

Jim Porco
sgp@netexp.net

1970 BGT