Re: Paint Codes?

To: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Paint Codes?
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 21:38:53 -0500
Jason F. Dutt wrote:

> Okay, here's a newbie question for you.
>
> Is the original paint color for a given car indicated somewhere in the VIN
>number, or elsewhere?  I have a 72 B Roadster, F.Y.I.
>
> Thanks!

Jason -
        Nope, not in the VIN.  If you know what the original color _might_ be,
get a Moss Motors catalog (1-800-MOSS-USA), they have the listing of all
the 'B colors with Rinshed Mason, Dupont, and Duplicolor codes.  If you
aren't in a hurry, go to the Heritage Trust Home Page at
http://www.ipl.co.uk/MG/herit00a.html  You can get the production
records for your car, which will tell you the original color, interior,
etc for about $40.00.  If you don't have the Moss catalogue, e-mail me
with what you think might have been the original color (if it has been
repainted, check under the dash or other areas that may not have been
resprayed) and I will check the catalogue for you.

Wayne Kube
'79B
Plano, TX