RE: Rear-end noises.

To: "'The MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rear-end noises.
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 11:59:00 -0700 (PDT)
Chased that one for a year... Replaced damn near everything. It is your drum
brake rubbing against the dust cover plate. Caused by runout in the diff.
When you make hard turnes the axle moves in such away to allow the drum to
rub the dust cover. Things I haven't replaced yet that might help are the
inner bearings and of course rebuilding the diff. Replacing the outer
bearing and seals didn't do it. Not much you can do but swap it out for one
with less miles. If anyone else has a better solution please speak up

Chris Reichle