Re: Painting Prices

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Painting Prices
From: dondaves@ix.netcom.com (Don Daves)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 14:10:28 -0700
>>What should I expect to pay for a new paint finish on an MGB
>>roadster? The car is a daily driver (in summer) & I am not looking
>>for a concours finish, just a decent looking paint finish on the
>>car...

Just as a point of reference; when I painted my last project, the cost
of supplies alone ran around $400 to $450.  That included a two-part
epoxy primer, a surfacer/filler (Kondar), a two-part epoxy basecoat and
a two-part epoxy urethane clearcoat  - all products of PPG.  This
process has provided me with the most chip-resistant, non-factory
finish I've ever seen.

Labor costs can be lowered by doing a lot of your own prep work, but I
believe that insisting on the best quality paint will give you a shine
that will last for many years.

Good luck,

Don Daves          <dondaves@ix.netcom.com>
Santa Cruz, CA