RE: To strip or not to strip... that is the ?

To: "'gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu'" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>,
Subject: RE: To strip or not to strip... that is the ?
From: Randy Rees <randyr@starwave.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 07:33:43 -0700
 By complete strip I believe you mean to remove all the possible trim,
screws, bumpers, wiring, ect. I would not condone stripping the car to
bare metal unless it is going to be a show car and money is no object or
the original paint is bad or there have been multiple paint jobs on the
car.

You would be hard pressed to get as good a primer job or base coat as
the original factory job for any reasonable amount of money. unless it
has obvious damage or a blistering and peeling paint job on it now I
would leave the original coat of paint and work from there.  My $.02