RE:Center caps for Minilites

To: owner-mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu, mgs@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE:Center caps for Minilites
From: Chad Cooper <mgb72@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 19:02:37 -0700

> I'm having a very hard time finding center caps for my Minilites.
>
> They are:
>
> 13"
> 4 Lug
> 8 Spoke
> Approx 2.25" center diam.
>
> I can't seem to find a maker name of the wheel.
>
> I have 3 of the 4 Carol Shelby center caps, there in kinda bad shape.  I'm
> not sure if they are the factory original.  I'd like to replace them and
> they don't have to be identical, just a good fit would be nice.  No names
> would be even better.
>
> I ordered a set from Moss for their minilites and got them last night, they
> are too small.  :(
>
> Does anyone have what I'm looking for by chance?  Or have any good advice
on
> where to look, dig or ...?

> Jay Quinn    -     '62 Austin-Healey MKII Sprite
> jpquinn@cyberramp.net
> www.cyberramp.net/~jpquinn
> PGP Encryption Key Upon Request

Check your local, or not so local wheel distrubutor.  Progressive, American
Racing, Cragar wharehouses are all over the US.  I found some for my
American Racing Slots (very popular in the 70's, hence no longer available)
They fit nicely. Retail shops just don't bother with carrying them, but the
wharehouse usually still have plenty around.