Re: Synchronous Linkages

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Synchronous Linkages
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 12:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
Go lower... I lowered my 80 B with the upgraded stiffer springs, converted
to gas shocks, v8 bushes in the a arm urethane elsewhere. Since you've
upgraded the tires I would check to make sure they will still clear when the
body comes down an inch. The ride will be much stiffer, less roll on turns
and almost no dive when braking but the ride will be much stiffer. Did I
mention that the ride will be much stiffer? If you just want to lower it
without getting stiffer springs, you have a few options that I will only
mention because I don't know too much about them. You can install a block
and longer ubolts on normal rear leaf springs to lower the ride hight
although this might increase the rear end's tendency to wind up. You can cut
or remove some of the leaves in the spring . For the front you can cut or
they sell clamp type thingies that will compress and hold together two loops
of the coil spring.

If your trying to improve handling I would go with the lowered spring kit.
Make a big difference. Did I mention it's a stiffer ride?

Chris Reichle