Re: MGB Engine Flutter at 3200 RPM

To: JKearman@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB Engine Flutter at 3200 RPM
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 20:14:08 -0500
Jim,
  I've run into this once in a while with an otherwise well running "B".
  The first thing I would check is the sync of the carbs. Not the idle
speed/sync, but the synchronization of the two butterflys.  If the sync is
off slightly, it will produce the same symptoms you describe.
  I've found the best way is to (with the engine off), slowly pull on the
throttle cable to open the butterflys. Watch BOTH at the same time (not as
hard as it sounds) If one leaves the idle screw rest before the other, loosen
the clamp on the linkage bar for that side and adjust slightly to correct.
Try again. Once you have both opening at the same time, crank her up and go
for a ride.
  Hope this helps

Rick Morrison
72  BGT