autocross

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: autocross
From: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 04:40:13 +1100 (EST)
I always look forward to clearing my e-mail on Monday morning to hear of
Barney's exploits in the autocross or, more recently, his trials and
tribulations of getting to, through and from the autocross.

The way he and the list handled the oil pressure problem recently was fantastic.

My question: Is autocross that which we in Australia might call MOTORKHANA
in which the meeting includes events designed to test the acceleration,
braking and general manoeuvrability of the cars and the skill and judgement
of the crew members. Conducted on either sealed or unsealed surfaces and
does not of itself include a speed event.

Regards

Paul