Re: autocross

To: BarneyMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: autocross
From: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 23:17:08 +1100 (EST)
Thanks Barney for your fullsome description of autocross.

As usual you helped me overcome my Mondayitis with an interesting and
descriptive posting.

Seems to me that it is a pretty popular event with sufficient competitors
to support 'away' meetings.

A few questions:

1.      What sort of a turn out in terms of competitors would
        you normally expect to get at a meeting?

2.      Do they tend to be the same group at all meetings?

3.      Are events held in collaboration with local car clubs which
        then act as hosts for the meeting?

I'm not so sure that similar events are so often run here although I stand
to be corrected by an informed local source. Given typical Australian
bureaucracy I can't see it being so easy to get a hold of a decent venue.

Thanks again

Paul