MG Web Pages

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG Web Pages
From: Felix Wong <felixksw@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 21:13:39 -0800 (PST)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Well it's nice to see that MG now has their very own web page
after years of enthusiasts making "unofficial" pages for them!
[http://www.mg-cars.com]  Check it out... it has a little section
where you can "customize" the F in various colors, and even a page
where you can request a brochure.  Hehe, I started filling out my
personal info on that page, but of course "U.S." is not listed
in the choices for countries.  But wait! there's Guatemala,
Chile, Argentina, along with about 30 other countries.  Hmmmm.....

And check out those specs!  7.0 sec to go from 0-60 for the VVC,
and whoa! a whopping 55.6 mpg at 56 mph.  Something must be wrong,
let me get out my calculator to convert their metric stats.  Er,
still getting >50 mpg!!!  Wow, performance of a 'Stang and
gas mileage of a Geo Metro (somehow I think the factory was
a *little* optimistic here)...

Okay, so their page still needs some work.  On the other hand,
Kai Radicke's pages are fantastic! [http://www.dynanet.com/~mowogmg]
It includes some rare and unusual MGs, including the Aston Martin
MGB that was supposed to save the company.  Hehe.  Kai,
I am really impressed, you have done some great work!

Now back to lurk mode for me... but before I go, let me put
in a word for my own web page :-).  Not nearly as extensive
as Kai's or even the factory's, it is yet another tribute to
the car whose initials are synonomous with the most beloved
sports car the world over... MG.

-Felix
      __        Felix Wong             Palo Alto, California
      |,\_O    (415)528-9768 [pager]
   ( )/ LL     http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~felixksw/
        ( )    '69 B, '92 C'dale 3.0 R (stiff, light, and FAST)
   Fw = mg                   "Safety fast!"