Re: Chrome lug nuts...

To: cbussler@csrlink.net
Subject: Re: Chrome lug nuts...
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 03:01:58 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-05 19:35:00 EST, cbussler@csrlink.net (Carl W.
Bussler) writes:

<< ..... I looked at the chrome lug nuts I had purchased from British
Victoria. Only two months old and all the chrome was peeling off, and there
was no copper plating underneath. If you're thinking on buying chrome,
crested lug nuts, buy them elswhere. Moss Motors, although higher in price,
will most likely have better quality on this item. >>

I bought chrome acorn nuts from NAPA 18 months ago.  Use them continuously on
MGA-58-ES for street use, rally and autocross.  Changed the wheels from
street to race and back for about 50 race dates now.  I loosen and retorque
by hand but use a 12 volt electric impact wrench to spin the nuts off and on
and to pretighten them.  Still all chrome covered, no rust, damn nice lug
nuts.  My receipt says $5.98 for a package of four, and worth every penny of
it.

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA