Re: Pozi-drive and the Snap-On Man

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@isocan.com>
Subject: Re: Pozi-drive and the Snap-On Man
From: Gary Burrell <garyb@pentek.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 09:37:21 -0500
Trevor Boicey wrote:

> David F. Darby wrote:
> > Penta-Drive
> > Phillips
> >
> > Someone figure out how to make a "round" drive, because that's about the
> > only configuration missing.
>
>   Worth mentioning to this is the Robertson screwdriver.
>
>   It's sort of a Canadianism. As best I heard the legend, it's
> a patented system that apparently the rest of the world wasn't
> interested in paying the patent rights for. I've only been
> able to verify it's absence in the US, but it's bizarre.

Yeah, as a Canadian in the states I have to say that you are
missing out on one of the best screw head designs out there.
I import them from back home.  Besides the fact that the head
design allows you to apply maximum torque without chewing up the
head,  in the US they have the added benifit of acting as a
security screw which no one but you can remove.

The patent has to be long since expired so I really can't understand
why no one else has picked up on them.  Since the are really
so much better than the other common heads they are about the
only head you see on screws back home.

Gary B.