the hazards of driving and open sports car

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: the hazards of driving and open sports car
From: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 03:09:36 +1100 (EST)
I am a slow thinker and have a bad habit of reading my mail deleting it and
then later thinking of a reply. The result being that I am unable sometimes
to acknowledge the originator of a thread. Sometimes I forget the names of
my kids also.

The following comment relates to the hazards of driving a TC in heavy
impatient traffic and it happened to me while I was not driving but rather
stationary at a STOP sign giving way to traffic, one of which was a truck
turning into the street in which I was waiting at the intersection.

The truck was a 10 ton dump truck heavily laden with sand such that the top
of the load was above its sideboards and, as he turned the corner the body
roll was sufficient to let slide a couple of wheelbarrow loads of sand into
my cockpit.

I was picking sand out of my hair, ears and eyes for days afterwards.

I'm sure others have similar stories??

Regards

Paul