Re: Cat alarm

To: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cat alarm
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 12:14:27 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-08 19:51:19 EST,
joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com writes:

<< Not to reopen the great cat debate, but I recently saw in a catalog
(Solutions) something called a "Tattle Tale".  It's a small battery operated
device that uses a motion detector.  "With the slightest vibration, a
two-second alarm sends your pet scurrying."  It costs around $30.  And sounds
like it just might work. >>

Joseph,

Too late, you already did it.

I usually have a cat around the house, and last year I had a pet racoon, born
April 1, 1995.  The was racoon getting pertty fiesty by fall, so had to leave
her outside for the most part.  After that she just came in to wrestle with
my 6-year-old boy for an hour each evening.  So that we could tell when she
was at the door, I installed a photoelectric door alarm thet beeps when you
trip the beam (Radio Shack, $69).  Works perfectly well on cats as well, also
has a relay so you can wire in anything else you want to be triggered by
tripping the beam.  Absolutely no suggestions are ventured here as to what
else you may want to hook up to it, and I don't want to hear it.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA