Pozidriv screws/Basil Fawlty

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: Pozidriv screws/Basil Fawlty
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 11 Nov 96 08:31:40 PST
In Friday's list, someone published a very comprehensive list of
screw fastener head types, some I had never heard of.  One that was
not shown (or may be known by another name) is the Reed-Prince.  This
type looks like a Phillips or Pozidriv type, but the screwdriver
comes to a sharp point instead of a blunt bevel (Phillips) or
graceful curve (Pozidriv).  This is important, since some people buy
cheap Phillips type screwdrivers, that are actually Reed-Prince style.
These drivers will tear up a Phillips or Pozidriv screw very quickly.
We should all check our toolkits for the proper drivers.  Remember,
MGBs use Pozidriv, most MGAs use Phillips.

Also, I agree that Basil's car was an Austin or Morris 1100.  These
were identical except for the grille styling and minor interior
changes.   This was closely related to my first LBC, an MG 1100.  I
bought it for the princely sum of one American buck from my
ex-girlfriends new boyfriend (don't ask).  Actually, I have them to
thank for starting me on what has become an all-consuming hobby.
Little do they know that I have graduated to an MGB-GT V-8.  Maybe we
should all share our greatest MG 1100 horror stories.  Any other
owners out there?

Paul D. Kile

kile_paul@aphub.aerojetpd.com

(916) 355-5162