Re: BMIHT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BMIHT
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 09:50:13 +1100
At 07:10 am 11/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>> A note for all those proud owners of CKD cars.  The BMIHT has no record
>of the
>> history of these so don't bother asking.
>
>I find this hard to beleive.
>
>If this were true how did Anders D. Clausager (Original MGB) get the
>production records for the CKD cars that were exported to Australia. A D C
>also happens to be the record keeper for BMHIT.  And if they don't exist
>well I guess he shreded them after he was done using them.
>
>Kai M. Radicke -- mowogmg@dynanet.com
>1966 MGB -- http://www.dynanet.com/~mowogmg

kAI,

A little knowledge is dangerous.

The MGBs exported to Australia were CKD and unpainted.  When they got here
chassis numbers were added (starting with a Y) and a number of locally
produced components added (distributors, alternators, lights etc) which were
made here by Smiths and Lucas.  They were then painted in a range of
colours, similar but not the same as, UK colours.

Leyland Australia, who built/assembled them here detroyed all the records
when they closed down.

The car engine numbers, however, are as per the UK 'system'.

Anders only has records of the NUMBER of units shipped - nothing more.

regards,
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au
06 2889055