Re: Why standard

To: ahrendt@atla3.agfa.com, British-Cars-Pre-War@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Why standard
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 19:13:57 -0500

<<  OK, my guess is thewing nut used to lock the folding windscreen.

 Am I close? Dave   '46 MG-TC >>

Dave gets the prize but a "thewing nut".....now that must be John Hardy
Speak....we call it a wing nut.   And thats not a reference to John Hardy!

The wing nut that locks the windscreen in the up or down position is 5/16-26
, a British Standard Cycle thread system and probably left over from the
early '30's when it was picked up from Cecil's parts bin of left over
motorbyke parts...he was a byke racer.   The Standard Cycle system have 26
threads per inch no matter the shaft size....from very small to very large
bolts, all 26 tpi.  I have a BSC die for the windscreen studs that needed
fixing on the TA....there is a chap in So. Cal who carries these, he
advertises in Hemmings.

A big Huzzah for David