Re: MGF and Wedge Princesses

To: Nigel Cliffe <ncliffe@hfnet.bt.co.uk>
Subject: Re: MGF and Wedge Princesses
From: Glen Eldridge <glenel@infobahnos.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 21:45:29 -0500
Nigel Cliffe wrote:

> So some of you don't like the F because it wasn't built in Abingdon.
> The F is a reasonably priced, reasonable performance sports car using
> the best current component designs - probably the defining features of
> any classic MG when it was new.
>
> Nigel;

I had the good fortune to stay in a hotel about 1 block away from a
Rover dealer in South Kensington last summer, and I can't say I found
the MGF prices reasonable at all.  They ranged from 19,000UKL to a
whopping 29,880UKL for a fully-loaded model.  Even the base-priced model
would cost me about 42,000CAD plus federal tax plus provincial tax, or
about CAD$47,000 plus!  Contrast that to the original base price of the
T-series midget or later midget, or even the B's, and you'll see what I
mean.  At the prices I saw, BMW325's and Mercedes 190's are less
expensive - Oh, I know, they don't have the Octagon, and they don't have
the magic, the panache that Any MG does (I own two of them)........

Regards,

Glen Eldridge
Kirkland, Quebec
glenel@infobahnos.com