MGA- Project vs Driver

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA- Project vs Driver
From: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:13:20 -0600
I don't remember where I read this but I believe that it is sound advice.
You should buy a car that you can drive rather than one that needs
immediate restoration.  The reason is that, during the long, dark winter
of MG restoration, you will need the warm memories of driving the car.
Without this personal attachment to the pile of parts in question, the
odds of the car being sold again as an unfinished project goes up.

My personal experience echoes this.  Of the ten or so rebuilds that I have
attemped, none of the completed projects started with a car that I had not
driven and developed an attachment to.  Better than two thirds of the cars
that I had driven any amount were completed.  In most of these, the project
was set aside for a period of time because of priorities and / or finances.
 I found that my personal involvement with the car was the main motivator
when it came time to dig back into the pile of old parts.

Good luck
Bill Eastman
61 MGA